CFP JVWR Special Issue on Arts and Virtual Worlds
Celeste Guichard, Savannah College of Art and Design, GA, USA
Laura Salciuviene, Lancaster University Management School, UK
Gary Hardee, University of Texas at Dallas, TX, USA
Motivation and Scope
At the end of the year (2012) we looked at all past submissions to find the best papers for the Assembled issue. We had more than 50 submissions.
Apparently, we had several unique papers connecting virtual worlds and the arts. Thus we have decided to make a special issue about "Arts and Virtual Worlds" as Volume 6 No 2 (due for publication around Jun, 2013 -- this year!)
2. Current authors who have already submitted relevant papers will be notified, as their papers will start the review process.
3. Also: if you have a ready FULL paper that you think may fit this issue please submit it ASAP (deadline: 20-Feb-2013).
New authors are invited to submit papers that are innovative, original, and contribute to the advancement of understanding of arts as it applies to virtual worlds. Papers will be considered by the Guest Editorial Board and reviewed by expert referees using our double -open policy. Double-open policy means that in general, authors do not need to anonymize their papers, and reviewers identity is also known to authors. For more details about it see JVWR site --> About JVWR --> For Authors --> Our double-Open Policy.
Authors are invited to submit full papers via the JVWR publishing system (see www.jvwreserach.org> about > for authors). Accepted papers will be published online in Volume 6, Number 2 of the Journal, 2013.
Deadlines and Timeline
Please use the Journal publishing system (login at the top right of the journal site, state that your submission is for the Arts issue.)
Tentative Deadlines: (updated)
- Authors submit full paper: 20 February, 2013
- Editors send Reviewers’ feedback on the paper, and indication of acceptance or rejection: 20 March 2013
- Submission of revised paper (if necessary): 5 April 2013
- Editors’ decision and comments for accepted papers: 20 April 2013
- Authors Submission of final version: 5 May 2013
- Staff editors & authors work till planned Publication Date: 15 June 2013
The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research (http://www.jvwresearch.org/) is an online, open access academic journal that engages a wide spectrum of scholarship and welcomes contributions from the many disciplines and approaches that intersect virtual worlds research. The field of virtual worlds research is a continuously evolving area of study that spans across many disciplines and the JVWR editorial team looks forward to engaging a wide range of creative and scholarly work.
Tzafnat Shpak, Coordinating Editor